The countdown to the 54th Annual Grammy Awards officially kicked off with the The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live! – Countdown to Music's Biggest Night last November 30, 2011 held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, aired thru the CBS Television network.
The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place live from
Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 12, 2012.Eligible for Grammy nominations are those recordings released from October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011 and is in general distribution in the United States. Every entry goes through a lengthy voting and verification process set by the academy and once eligible, they are placed in their proper categories. The winner for every category is voted on by more than 11,000 members of the Grammy's voting body composed of professionals with creative or technical integrity.
And so, here are the nominees as published on GRAMMY.com website.
Because the list is a bit lengthy, I'll just post The Four Most Prestigious Awards
Record Of The Year - this award recognizes an artist's performance on a single track, as well as the overall contributions of the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer, if other than the artist.
|54th GRAMMY nominees for Record Of The Year|
- ROLLING IN THE DEEP Adele
- HOLOCENE Bon Iver
- GRENADE Bruno Mars
- THE CAVE Mumford & Sons
- FIREWORK Katy Perry
Album Of The Year - this award honors an album in its entirety and is awarded to the artist, as well as the producer, recording engineer/mixer and mastering engineer, if other than the artist.
|54th GRAMMY nominees for Album Of The Year|
- 21 Adele
- WASTING LIGHT Foo Fighters
- BORN THIS WAY Lady Gaga
- DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS Bruno Mars
- LOUD RihannaSong Of The Year - this award honors the songwriter responsible for writing a single or track, and is not awarded to the artist (unless the artist also wrote the song). If the song was crafted by the members of a band or group, each member receives an individual nomination, rather than the group as one entity.
|54th GRAMMY nominees for Song Of The Year|
- ALL OF THE LIGHTS
Jeff Bhasker, Fergie, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie)
Track from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- THE CAVE
Ted Dwane, Ben Lovett, Marcus Mumford & Country Winston, songwriters (Mumford & Sons)
Track from: Sigh No More
Brody Brown, Claude Kelly, Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine, Bruno Mars & Andrew Wyatt, songwriters (Bruno Mars)
Track from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans
Justin Vernon, songwriter (Bon Iver)
Track from: Bon Iver
- ROLLING IN THE DEEP
Adkins & Paul Epworth, songwriters (Adele)
Track from: 21Best New Artist - this award honors a new artist who, during the eligibility year, releases the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist as a performer. Artists nominated in this category must have released at least one album during the eligibility period, but not more than three, and must not have previously been nominated for a GRAMMY, unless that nomination came before the release of an entire album.
|54th GRAMMY nominees for Best New Artist|
- THE BAND PERRY
- BON IVER
- J. COLE
- NICKI MINAJ
- SKRILLEXAs many of us have predicted, this was a year for Adele and her songs about unrequited love with the British soul singer getting a total of 6 nominations. Joining her league is the Filipino-American Bruno Mars who got 6 nominations and Foo Fighters who also got 6. Leading the pack is Kanye West who got seven Grammy nominations taking strength from his solo album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' and another album 'Watch the Throne' which is a collaborative effort with Jay-Z. Maroon 5, one of my favorite bands, also got nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for their single Moves Like Jagger.
For a complete list of all the nominees, you can download a PDF file HERE. Get ready for the GRAMMY's everybody! See you on my next post.
*Images were taken from Google Image search.